Sunday, July 10, 2011

What is causing my anxiety?

I too, have anxiety, so I feel your pain. I used to take prescription Lexapro to handle it. It is expensive though, so when I wasn't experiencing anxiety/panic attacks as much I got off of it. It seems like you get triggered when thinking about certain things. Other than getting a med to handle this there are several ways to handle it. First of all, and most important, take your mind off of the subject for a little bit. Next, close your eyes and take slow deep breathes and tell yourself that everything will be ok (seems corny, but it helps). Also, getting away and taking a walk helps me, especially if its a social trigger. I also have a job where I travel a lot and sometimes panic attacks arise, but after going through some of these exercises I manage to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment