Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Want to be happy organising my wedding, but friends are a drain?

I am trying to organise my wedding. It is a happy time of my life. Thing is that some of my friends are going through tough times in their relationships. Normally I am the agony aunt who listens and advises. But at the moment I am being pulled many ways and they are making me feel drained and down. I actually don't want to speak or deal with any of them, but that would be extreme. I am also getting short with them and hurt some friends by speaking the frank truth (after they had asked me for the zillionth time what do do). It has thrown me into a spin now. Why can't they just say they are great when i ask them instead of going into a tangent of heavy problems (and some are real heavy). I am middle aged and feel disappointed I have ended up with such friends that when it was their marriages I was nothing but supportive.Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment